Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Final Assignment Anthology: Revised Across the World Pie

Across The World Pie - This is a pie that will incorporate ingredients inspired by different places around the world (hence the name) but will have a primary focus on India, where I am from, and USA, where I currently live.

Ingredients: Apples, (Sweet) Potato, cinnamon, dark swiss chocolate on top, danish pastry as crust

The pie would be a sweet pie based around a hybrid of the traditional apple pie and an Indian potato pie. The center of the pie would be filled with apples and sliced potatoes. Surrounding this would be a crust made from danish pastry and over the pie could be a dark swiss chocolate sauce that adds a little bitterness to the sweet center of the pie.

I chose to create this pie because it represents my Indian background as well as the fact that I now live in the US. The sweetness of the pie comes from all the good parts of living in US but the bitterness of the swiss chocolate is inspired by the slight bitterness of leaving my family and my home in India. This bitterness, however, is overpowered by the sweetness and compliments it. The combination of potatoes and apples in the center reflects the conflicting cultures of both the places, where they do not really make sense when paired together, but weirdly still taste delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment